Cyanogenmod 14.1 for Xiaomi Redmi note 4 – One thing which I love after rooting any android device is that I can install custom rom’s on Android Phones. There are plenty of custom rom’s available for different android devices with Cyanogenmod being one of the best. Few days ago we shared guide to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 on our blog. Now that we have already written a guide sharing rooting tutorial, it is time to modify our smartphone and to tweak that beast what is better other than install Cyanogenmod 14.1 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
You can now download Cyanogenmod 14.1 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 as the unofficial build of this ROM is available. Post flashing of this ROM one will enjoy all the features of Android Nougat 7.0 and will also see improvement in performance of the device. The ROM is still in development stage which means you might come across few bugs. We have listed the things which are working and which aren’t below.
Disclaimer: We at Rooting Tutorials are not responsible if any damage happens to your device. Your Android device might get bricked, SD cards might get corrupted or damaged during the flashing process. You are following this tutorial at your own risk.
What will work?
What’s not working?
- Issue with Audio FX
- Rotation Sensor
- Fingerprint Sensor
Before you download and install Cyanogenmod 14.1 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, make sure that the below mentioned pre-requisites are fulfilled.
- The battery level of your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 should be more than 80%.
- You need root access on your mobile phone. Follow the easy step by step guide to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
- USB debugging should be enabled. You can follow easy video tutorial to enable USB Debugging on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
- We suggest our flashers to take backup of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 as all data will be erased. Easy guides to take backup of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 are mentioned below.
Create backup of all apps on Android apps (No Root required)
- TWRP Recovery should be installed.
ROM file for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Also Read :- How To Take Screenshot on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
How to Download and install Cyanogenmod 14.1 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Now that you have fulfilled all the requirements which were required for rooting, you can follow the step by step guide shared below to flash Cyanogenmod 14.1 on Redmi note 4.
- First of all you have to connect your smartphone with your PC so that you can copy the ROM file.
- Make sure that you have copied the ROM file in the internal storage of your smartphone.
- Once you have copied the file, turn off your smartphone and enter in Recovery menu. To enter Recovery menu of Note 4 you have to turn it on by pressing combination of Power + Volume Down
- Upon entering recovery menu, you will see several options. Here you have to tap on Install option as we have to flash Cyanogenmod 14.1 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
- Locate the ROM file which you copied in internal storage of your mobile phone.
- Once the file is located, swipe right so that you can flash it on your device.
- It will take a minute or two to complete flashing process. Once the flashing process is complete, you can reboot your smartphone.
It might take a minute or two to boot your device as it is first boot after flashing a custom rom. To verify if you have successfully install Cyanogenmod 14.1 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, you can see the screenshots we shared above or go to Settings menu.
In conclusion, once you have installed this ROM on your phone you will see drastic improvement in performance of your device. What are your views about this custom rom for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4? Tell us using the comments section below.