The third generation Moto G smartphone is truly a gem. The smartphone comes with good hardware and nice design. To pimp up your device you can go for Stylebaby covers for Moto g 3rd gen. The stock ROM which you get in the Moto G is good but there are many other roms available which you can try on your Moto G 3rd gen. With rooting your Moto G smartphone you will be able to install custom roms, uninstall the bloat ware of your device and customize it as per your choice. We have already shared the guide to install TWRP recovery on Moto G and today we will show you how to root Moto G 3rd Gen (2015).
Disclaimer: We at Rooting Tutorials are not responsible if any damage happens to your device. Your Android device might get bricked, SD cards might get corrupted or damaged during the flashing process. You are following this tutorial at your own risk.
- Your Motorola device should have more than 80% of battery in it.
- USB debugging needs to be enabled. Follow the guide to enable USB debugging on Moto G 3rd gen.
- Create backup of all the data which is present in your Moto G smartphone. You can follow the guides which we have shared below to take backup of Moto G.
Create backup of all apps on Android apps (No Root required)
- Download and install drivers of Moto G 3rd gen on your PC. We have shared download link below.
- You have to unlock bootloader of Moto G. Follow the guide to unlock bootloader of Moto G 3rd gen.
- TWRP recovery should be installed. Follow the guide to install TWRP recovery on Moto G 3rd gen.
Guide to root Moto G 3rd gen (2015)
Follow the step by step guide shared below to root Moto G 3rd gen (2015).
- Copy the downloaded SuperSU file to the internal storage of your Moto G smartphone.
- Enter recovery mode of your Moto G 3rd To enter recovery mode of Moto G 3rd gen, switch off your device and press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button. You will enter TWRP recovery of your Moto G smartphone.
- Tap on Install option and browse the SuperSu file which you copied in Step 1.
- Flash the SuperSU by selecting it. It will take a couple of minutes to complete the flashing process.
- Once completed, reboot your smartphone. You will have root access on your device.
This is how you can easily root Moto G 3rd Gen (2015) smartphone. If you are having any doubts or problems related to this tutorial you can use the comments section to clear them.