Root Oneplus 5 – OnePlus 5 is the latest smartphone which is launched by OnePlus. The smartphone is available in the market from quite some time and if you are using this mobile phone we have good news for you as root is finally available for OnePlus 5. Wait is finally over for flashers as now they can easily root their OnePlus 5, install custom ROM’s on the device and also install special applications which can only get installed if there is root access on a device.
Smartphones have definitely made our lives easy but there are few disadvantages too of this technology. To make our smartphones more productive and in order to get the best out of them we can root them. It is very easy to root OnePlus 5 and by following the detailed guide which we have mentioned below you can easily gain root access on OnePlus 5.
Unlocking Bootloader on OnePlus 5
Before we share the steps which one needs to follow in order to get root access, bootloader of the device should be unlocked. The steps mentioned below will allow you to unlock bootloader of OnePlus 5.
- Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools on your system. Once you have installed the tools on your system, you have to Enable USB debugging.
- To enable USB debugging go to Settings > About Phone and tap Build number for 7 times. Developer Options will be enabled on OnePlus 5 smartphone. Now you have to go back in Settings menu and then tap on Developer Options to open it.
- Under Developer Options, you have to tap on USB debugging to enable it and also tap on Enable OEM unlock option.
- Next you have to connect your OnePlus 5 with your PC using a USB cable.
- Open Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools folder and press Shift key and right mouse click. From the options which you see on your screen, you have to select Open command window here.
- Command window will open on your screen and now you have to execute the below mentioned command. Once you have entered this command you will be asked to Enable USB debugging and a message will be displayed on your screen. Choose Yes here.
adb reboot bootloader
- To unlock bootloader of OnePlus 5, you have to execute the command mentioned below.
fastboot oem unlock
Bootloader of your smartphone will be unlocked and now you are ready to flash TWRP recovery.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5
In order to flash TWRP recovery, one has to follow the steps which are mentioned below.
- Download TWRP Recovery on your computer by clicking on this link.
- Copy the downloaded TWRP image inside Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools folder. Change name of this file to twrp.img.
- While you are in Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools folder, open Command prompt. Press Shift key and right mouse button and choose Open Command Window here.
- Once the command window is opened on your computer screen, enter the command one by one which are mentioned below.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Once you have executed all the commands which are listed above, TWRP recovery will be installed successfully. Now we can begin the last phase and that is installing SuperSU.
How to Root OnePlus 5
We are only left with installing SuperSU on our OnePlus 5. The steps which we have mentioned below will help you in installing SuperSU and getting root access on OnePlus 5.
- First of all you have to download SuperSu file on your computer by clicking on this link and transfer it to internal storage of your smartphone.
- Boot your OnePlus 5 in recovery mode.
- Once you have entered Recovery mode, tap on Install option and browse the SuperSU file which you copied in Step 1.
- Once you have located the file, choose Swipe to Confirm flash option.
- Flashing process will begin and now you have to choose Reboot System option.
OnePlus 5 is successfully rooted. Now you can enjoy installing custom ROM’s on your smartphone and enjoy the root privileges.