Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 – We are back with another rooting tutorial and this time for one of the best mobile manufacturers which has taken over the Indian mobile industry with a storm, yes you are right, we are talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. The Redmi Note 4 by Xiaomi comes with many improvements over its predecessor, Redmi Note 3.
The Redmi Note 4 boasts powerful hardware which can be put to best use by getting root access on the device. If you are a regular flasher you might be aware with all the advantages of rooting android devices as rooting android phones opens doors to many opportunities. If you visit our blog daily then you might know that we provide detailed articles of How to Root Android Phones and today we are going to do the same for the Note 4 by providing guide to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
Disclaimer: We at Rooting Tutorials are not responsible if any damage happens to your device. Your Android device might get bricked, SD cards might get corrupted or damaged during the flashing process. You are following this tutorial at your own risk.
Before we share the guide to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 here are some pre-requirements which should be followed.
- Your mobile phone should have enough battery backup. Make sure that there is more than 80% of battery present on your smartphone.
- The bootloader of your mobile phone should be unlocked. You can refer to this guide to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
- USB debugging should be enabled on your mobile phone. Go to Settings > About Phone and scroll down. Here you will find build number which you have to tap 7 times. Tapping the build number will provide your Developer access and you can return to Settings and then open Developer Options tab. Tap on USB debugging to enable it.
- To make sure that all the data of your mobile phone is safe and sound, we suggest you to create backup of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
Create backup of all apps on Android apps (No Root required)
- Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools on your computer.
Guide to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Once you have all the required files and have fulfilled the pre-requisites you can follow the guide mentioned below to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
- First of all you have to connect your mobile phone with your PC and copy SuperSu file in internal storage.
- Once you have copied the file, copy the TWRP recovery in Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools folder. Rename recovery image to img.
- Now you have to open command window on your computer by pressing Shift Key + right mouse button. From the list of options displayed, select “Open Command Window here”.
- If you have disconnected your device at this point from your PC, connect it using a USB cable and now you are ready to reboot it in Fastboot menu by entering the below mentioned command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once you are in Fastboot menu, you are ready to flash recovery image. To flash TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 enter the below mentioned command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Recovery will be flashed on your smartphone. Once recovery is flashed, you have to enter recovery mode of your mobile phone so that you can install SuperSU. Enter the command mentioned below to enter Recovery mode.
fastboot boot recovery.img
- You will enter Recovery menu on your smartphone. Now you have to wipe the data by tapping on Wipe option and then selecting Format Data.
- Once Wiping process is complete, you have to tap on Install option and browse the SuperSu file you copied in Step 1. To flash SuperSu, swipe right. Once the file is flashed, return to Recovery menu and then select Reboot System Now option.
SuperSU is now flashed on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. This means that you have successfully root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.